In each release of sales at Habitas Aurora, eligible buyers will have a 7-day Priority Access period during which they can make a purchase, before homes are made available to the general public.
Development Victoria’s affordable housing commitment.
For many Victorians, being able to own a home close to work, school and the services they need is out of reach.
At Development Victoria, we can help.
We make home ownership possible for more Victorians, with our range of affordable and high-quality homes catering for different budgets, lifestyles and people.
We aim to offer at least a quarter of the homes we build to households that earn less than $132,030 per year, giving more people the opportunity to live where they want to be – at prices they can afford.
Are you eligible?
How does it work?
How much deposit do I need?
To purchase a home at Habitas Aurora you will require a 5% deposit on the land component and 5% deposit on the build component of the property.
It would be a good idea to get lending approval from your bank or financial institution to make sure you have enough of a deposit and can service your loan, before applying for Priority Access to our affordable homes offers.
Am I eligible?
Our Priority Access offer is open to you if you meet all the following criteria
- Your household annual gross income is less than:
- Single $62,860
- Couple $94,300
- Family $132,030
- You intend to live in your new home as principal place of residence; and
- At least one of the purchasers is an Australian resident.
How do I apply?
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Australian Taxation Office notice of assessment for the prior year for each purchaser, to verify gross annual household income;
- Passport or birth certificate to verify that at least one of the purchasers is an Australian citizen or proof of residency for a permanent resident; and
- Completed statutory declaration (a copy of this will be included in the email, if you are pre-validated).
Note: to ensure privacy and data security, the information you provide for the purpose of being approved to participate in Priority Access is not retained by Development Victoria.
Things to note
Eligible participants will be able to purchase a home on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis during the Priority Access period.
- If you confirm your eligibility during the Priority Access period, you will be given immediate approval to purchase.
- If you confirm your eligibility outside of the Priority Access period, you will be entitled to purchase your preferred home as soon as the next Priority Access period starts;
- If you need to make a later appointment at the Sales Centre during the Priority Access period, you will be able select from any remaining available homes during your visit.