Development Victoria's affordable housing commitment
For many Victorians, being able to own a home close to work, school and the services they need is out of reach. At Development Victoria, we're in a position to help.
We make home ownership possible for more Victorians, with our range of diverse and affordable high-quality housing options for different budgets, lifestyles and people.
We aim to offer at least a quarter of the homes we build to households that earn less than $132,030 per year, giving more people the opportunity to live where they want to be – at prices they can afford.
How does it work?
Eligible buyers will have a 7 day priority access period during which they can make a purchase, before homes are made available to the general public.
Am I eligible for priority access?
Our priority access offer is open to you if you meet all the following criteria:
- your household annual gross income is less than:
- Single $62,860
- Couple $94,300
- Family $132,030
- You intend to live in your new home as principal place of residence
- At least one of the purchasers is an Australian resident
How much deposit do I need?
To purchase a home at Habitas Aurora you will require a 5% deposit on the land component and 5% deposit on the build component of the property.
It would be a good idea to get lending approval from your bank or financial institution to make sure you have enough of a deposit and can service your loan, before applying for priority access to our affordable homes offers.
How do I apply?
To apply for priority access at Habitas Aurora:
- Check that you meet all the above criteria and visit the Development Victoria website to complete online registration of interest.
- Once you've successfully registered, you will receive an email invitation to make appointment with a member of our team at the Habitas Aurora Sales Office or online. need bring along following documents appointment, so they can be reviewed confirm your eligibility:
Once your eligibility has been validated you will receive an email confirmation. this means you're approved and ready to buy.Make an appointment to visit the Habitas Aurora Sales Office as soon you can, eligible purchasers will be made on a 'first come, first served' basis. this means:
- Australian Taxation Office notice of assessment for the prior year for each purchaser, to verify gross annual household income
- Passport or birth certificate to verify that at least one of the purchasers is an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Completed statutory declaration (a copy of this will be included in the email).
Complete and sign the paperwork for your new home!REGISTER NOW!
- If you confirm your eligibility ahead of the exclusivity period, will be entitled to select and purchase preferred home as soon period starts.
- If you confirm your eligibility during the exclusivity period, will be given immediate approval to purchase.
- If you need to make a later appointment at the Sales Office during exclusivity period, will be able select from any remaining available homes when visit.